The 2019 election is here and the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC is urging Nigerians who have not collected their Permanent Voter Cards PVC’s to do so ASAP.
Permanent Voter Card (PVC)
Asides this, it has observed that a lot of Nigerians were less than 18 years old when the last election took place in 2015.
In order to give room for these group and others who had hitherto not registered at all, INEC is asking Nigerians to be a part of the Continuous Voters Registration CVR, which will make voter registration a continuous one.
It is believed that criticism of the government won’t change a thing, only actions will.
Here are 7 things according to INEC that makes a Nigerian eligible to a CVR:
- You are a citizen of Nigeria
- You have attained the age of 18, and could not register in any of the previous registration exercises
- You have attained the age of 18, on or before the registration day
- You are resident, work in, or originate from the LGA/Area Council or Registration Area or Ward
- You have a PVC or TVC but name’s not on register of voters
- You are not subject to any legal incapacity to vote under any law, rules or regulations
- You have registered before but your name, picture, fingerprints were not captured; such a person must provide his/her Temporary Voters Card TVC.