Bad eating habit, unhealthy foods, not sleeping well, lack of exercise and too much stress can trigger inflammation in your body. Most chronic diseases and health issues we experience in life started from Inflammation. It is known that inflammation is the root cause of many health issues, in a lot of cases it starts from inside of the body. When inflammation in your body is left untreated whether medically or naturally, it can lead to serious health problems that can be permanent.
For people to prevent, reduce or eliminate inflammation in their body they need to avoid foods that triggers inflammation. This is why we have to choose carefully what we put in our body. We have the choice to go for foods that are inflammatory or anti-inflammatory to the body. The choice we make will determine our overall wellness. Whether we destroyed it or boost it
Foods like foods and drinks with added sugar, fried foods, highly processed foods, carbohydrates, refined oils, saturated and trans fats, alcohol, and red meat can trigger inflammation in the body and can destroy our health.
While anti-inflammatory foods are known to reduce inflammation in the body. They are unprocessed, unadulterated food, natural from Mother Nature and have a positive effect on the body, brains, our immunity and the cardiovascular system. It is agreed by health caregivers and nutritionists that we need more anti-inflammatory foods in our pantries. Foods like ginger root, turmeric roots, olive oil, high fibre foods, tomatoes, nuts, such as walnuts and almonds, leafy greens, including spinach and kale, fatty fish, such as salmon and mackerel, fruit, including blueberries and oranges.
Jamu juice is a traditional Indonesian herbal drink used to treat lots of health issues in Indonesian traditional medicine. It is perfect for immunity boosting and reduces inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s made from fresh turmeric, ginger, lemon, water or coconut water and honey (optional).
Follow these ingredients and recipes to make your Jamu juice at home:
- ½ cup of freshly cut Turmeric root
- 1 finger length of fresh ginger root
- Lemon (2 tablespoons)
- Honey (2 tablespoons optional)
- Black pepper (a pinch)
- Coconut Water (4 Cups)
- Slice your fresh turmeric and ginger into thin pieces. You can leave the skin or peel it off depends on how you want it.
- Put the turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and water into a high powered blender. Then blend for about 1 minute until it’s completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and bring it to a boil. Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, then add the lemon juice and honey and give it a good stir.
- Strain the mixture using a fine-mesh sieve, nut milk bag, or cheesecloth, and pour it into a glass bottle to refrigerate. It can be served chilled or warmed up and should be consumed within 7 days.
Jamu juice should be stored in an airtight jar and give it a good stir or shake before serving.
Image and recipe source: downshiftology.com