Eating certain fruits while on your period, including leafy veggies, may reduce symptoms while others, such as spicy foods and red meat, may make them more severe.
Many people have uncomfortable symptoms during menstruation. These symptoms include:
- abdominal cramps
- mood swings
If you experience any of these symptoms, adding certain fruits to your diet can help you feel better.
1. Pineapple, helps in shedding the uterus lining and soothes period cramps and also enhances the production of white and red blood cells.
2. Watermelon, helps resolve the issues of bloating while keeping you hydrated and managing your blood flow.
3. Oranges are full of Vitamin C,magnesium,potassium, and Vitamin D, oranges offer extreme relief from menstrual cramps and also helps in lifting your mood during periods.
4.Bananas are rich source of potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin B6, bananas do wonders in dealing with digestion problems during periods.
5. Raspberries contains fragarine and tannins which helps with premenstrual syndrome, particularly cramping, vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. “Fragarine is known to help tone and tighten muscles in the pelvic region, thereby assisting with the cramps caused by spasms of these muscles, on the other hand tannins are believed to strengthen the uterus, mitigating heavy and irregular bleeding during the menstrual cycle.
6. Blueberries helps regulate the menstrual cycle and improves ovarian functioning.
7. Grapes are rich in nutrients like potassium, copper, Vitamin A, C, and pantothenic acid. Hence, eating grapes also help deal with the problem of irregular periods.
Including these fruits in your diet today