Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. There were controversies, on Sunday, over the alleged resignation of the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Abdullahi Adamu. While some sources confirmed that the embattled chairman had resigned from his position, others said it was a rumour.
2. Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has condemned the National Assembly over the decision to allocate N70 billion as palliatives for its members. Falana, in a press statement released on Sunday, said the move is illegal and contemptuous. Falana called attention to the blatant breach of the relevant provisions of the Nigerian Constitution and urged the immediate reversal of those controversial measures.
3. No fewer than two persons have been kidnapped in the Mpape area of the Federal Capital Territory. It was gathered that gunmen stormed the area in the early hours of Sunday and took away two residents. The Police Public Relations Officer, FCT Command, SP Josephine Adeh confirmed the incident.
4. A woman, Esther Godwin has been arrested by men of the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly pouring hot water on one Endurance Samuel, whom she accused of having illicit affairs with her husband. The incident happened in Idanre, Idanre Local Government Area of the state.
5. The Labour Party and its governorship candidate in the March 18 governorship election in Enugu State, Chijioke Edeoga have officially closed their case against the election that produced Peter Mbah of the Peoples Democratic Party as the governor. The LP candidate closed his case after he tendered several documentary evidence and called a total of 30 witnesses that testified before the Enugu State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Enugu.
6. Chima Anolue, a lecturer at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, has been killed after an argument with his domestic worker. The deceased, who lectured at the Psychology Department of the institution, had reportedly scolded his killer for letting the rice he was cooking get burnt, but the worker engaged him in a fight leading to his death.
7. Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State, on Sunday, expressed dismay over the lack of electricity and poor condition at the General Hospital in Gwoza town. Zulum, who was on a one day working visit to Gwoza, spent the night in the town which is the headquarters of Gwoza Local Government Area, in Southern Borno.
8. The House of Representatives ad-hoc committee set up to screen the recently appointed Service Chiefs will engage the appointees today. The panel, headed by the chairman of the Committee on Defence in the 9th House, Rep. Babajimi Benson (APC, Lagos), was constituted last Tuesday.
9. In the next few weeks, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration will unveil its agenda to address insecurity and poverty, especially in the North, Vice President Kashim Shettima said on Sunday. The Vice President announced this while addressing reporters in Kano State.
10. Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have arrested a 19-year-old student, Benjamin Daberechi for attempting to export 7.2 kg of methamphetamine concealed in crayfish to Europe where he was going for studies. Daberechi was said to have been arrested on Wednesday at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, during an outward clearance of passengers on Turkish Airlines flight TK 0624.