What are stretch marks?Why they occur and Simple methods for removing stretch marks using lime and lemon
The appearance of stretch marks can however be troubling.
Most people find stretch marks unappealing and a taint to their skin and appearance.
Stretch marks can be very stubborn to treat and to make it worse they often appear in parts of the skin you can barely hide.
But there is always a way to lighten the appearance of these unsolicited scars using lime and lemon.
Causes of Stretch Marks
- Growth spurts during puberty are a common cause of stretch marks in teenagers.
- Pregnancy is a common cause of stomach stretch marks. While some women take their stretch mark pictures after pregnancy and even treasure them, others find these marks on the skin unsightly and embarrassing.
- A rapid gain or loss in body weight can lead to stretch marks on the thighs and stomach, or other areas where loss or gain of fat has occurred, leading to the stretching or shrinking of the skin in that region. Rapid weight gain commonly leads to stretch marks on the back.
- When the muscle size grows fast as a result of weight training or bodybuilding, stretch marks occur. Stretch marks on shoulders and thighs could be the result of this.
- One of the other stretch marks causes is the long-term use of corticosteroids on the skin.
- Cortisol secreted by the adrenal gland, weakens the elastic fibres in the skin, and can cause stretch marks.
- Genetics plays a role in the possibility of getting stretch marks. Those with a family history of stretch marks on body are more likely to get the same.
- A breast enlargement surgery or any procedure which leads to a sudden stretching or shrinking of the skin, leads to stretch marks in the affected skin region.
- Using anabolic steroids is another cause of stretch marks.
- Cushing’s disease or Marfan syndrome can also lead to stretch marks.
The lime and honey method.
Lime is known for its fading properties. Just like it fades scars, lime can fade the appearance of stretch marks making it close to invisible.
Mix about two tablespoons of lime with about two tablespoons of honey and apply on affected areas for about 5-10 minutes then rinse.
While honey keeps your skin moisturized lime will juice will lighten the appearance of your stretch marks.
The lemon juice method
Due to the acidic nature of lemon, it can be commended as one of the best remedies for fading stretch marks.
It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid which can help lighten the appearance of these marks.
You can simply do this by squeezing some lemon juice and applying it over your stretch marks in a circular motion.
Let it stay for fifteen minutes and then rinse with warm water.
In treating blemishes on the skin always bear in mind that consistency is key.
Results aren’t achieved over night so be religious in your approach to obtain desired results.